Sunday, July 8, 2012

Day at the Zoo!

Kennedy has been asking to go to the Zoo. We just went in October but one can never go to the zoo too often! While Remi was here the kids planned to take the girls the past Tuesday. They invited me to go along. I'm a kid at heart going to the zoo. I love the animals. It is my only opportunity to get good pictures of animals I will never see otherwise! I wasn't too sure how much I would enjoy it in the heat though. It's Texas and it's July which means HOT! Still I didn't want to miss out on the chance to be with the girls. Surprisingly there was a lot of shade and a good breeze so it wasn't bad at all.

When the kids came to pick me up there was a third little girl in the car! Keannon's niece Krystal who is 2 months older than Remi had spent the night with the girls. They all play together pretty good. She is such an adorable little girl!

It looks like we have triplets! Krystal is on the left, Kennedy in the middle and Remi on the right.





Here they are at the gorilla exhibit.










We saw a baby flamingo! Isn't it cute?

















I just love this picture!















When we came to the bird exhibit where you can feed them I was surprised that Remi would want to. Last time we came one of the parakeets nibbled her finger and scared her but with Daddy by her side she went right in and tried again. That is here on the other side of Kennedy.






















This was Krystal's very first time to go to the zoo. She had so much fun!

























We had a hard time trying to get the girls to cooperate for pictures! They wanted to see more animals!






This crocodile is HUGE! Remi and Krystal didn't want to get close.











Kennedy wasn't afraid at all!












I was really surprised this picture turned out so well. He was behind glass and there was major glare going on!











We rode the train back to finish the day. We all had a good time but were tired. Kennedy and Remi both fell asleep in the car. I think Krystal was too excited!

We didn't get to see the big cats. Their exhibit was being cleaned and I guess they had them inside. I was a bit bummed about that. Overall it was a good time!

Until next time...have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun zoo trip! It does look like you have triplets! Ha, ha. Lots of cute photos of the girls. I'm like you I would have been afraid it would be too hot so I'm glad there was a breeze. Even with shade if there's no breeze it can get really miserable. I haven't been to the zoo in a while, maybe this fall. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos of your trip to the zoo! Thanks for sharing them. The girls look like they had a fabulous time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos of what looks like a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete