Friday, July 13, 2012

Creativity Abounds!

Seems A Little Sketch: Sketch 17
OWH Midweek Throwdown Challenge Christmas/Winter in July
OWH Sketch Challenge #128
CAS-ual Fridays: CFC61

It has been a few days but I'm back in the groove making cards and page layouts. I wanted to send a card to my granddaughter Remi who lives out of state. Since we had just been to the zoo I thought it would be fun to make a card with zoo animals. I remembered a Technique Tuesday stamp set I had bought that would be just the set to use. I used a little inspiration from Seems A Little Sketchy: Sketch 17. Here's the sketch:


 Here's my creation.


The animals aren't big but too big for a standard A2 card so I made this card a 6x6. The design papers I used were scraps from other projects. I stamped the images then colored with my copic markers. The sentiment came with the stamp set. Although it looks like the Tiger is part of the sentiment it really isn't. I cut him out as well and popped him with foam tape. He fit really well on the top of the sentiment.

In order to be making a few cards at a time for our heroes I have been trying to keep up with OWH challenges and sketches. Their Midweek Throwdown Challenge is Christmas/winter in July. I used OWH Sketch #128. Here's their sketch.



Here is my Christmas/winter card.


The paper I used for this card was scraps from My Mind's Eye last year. The letters "wish" came from a Tim Holtz Alterations repositionable magnetic die. I cut out chipboard then cut out glitter paper and cut apart the letters. The snowflakes are also glitter paper from a punch by Creative Memories. The green leaf ribbon I had in my stash that I believe is May Arts.

I liked this sketch so much I made a AnyHero card. I used papers and embellishments from Pebbles "Let Freedom Ring" kraft paper line. I just love this! I made some more cards out of this I will post at another time.


It's pretty simple but I like how it turned out. The "thank you" embellishment was an epoxy I had in my stash.

I also managed to complete a page layout using Sketch Inspiration's sketch #328








These are pics I took of my Mother and my granddaughter Kennedy Thanksgiving. Kennedy was being a real stinker not wanting to smile for me so Mother started tickling her. I used Fancy Pants summer line called "Summer Soul" for the background paper, half circle, printed paper in the middle and photo mats. Of the pink paper that was left I cut out the flower on the other side and used for an embellishment. The alpha stickers were also part of this collection. Since Mother was wearing a cow print jacket I decided to add a couple of strips of "cowhide" paper.

I'd like you to meet some of my wonderful, crazy, creative friends...hop over to Cat's Creations Scrapbooks Blog.  Have a good one!

11 comments:

  1. Valerie great card-I know she'll love it! Love all the neat papers and animal accents~Thanks for playing with us on Seems a Little sketchy!!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards! I especially like that Christmas paper! CAS-ual Fridays is having a strip challenge this week; you should include it in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Thanks for commenting on my blog! So happen to have found yours!! Great layouts and cards! Excellent takes on the sketches!

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Valerie! You have been crafting!! I love it all. The Seems A Little Sketchy card is so cute! Love those animals and Remi will love it too! And the cards with the OWH sketch are great! Such a simple sketch but yet the cards really stand out! Lovely Christmas card and a very patriotic Any Hero card! Lastly, love your SI sketch page layout! I need to get that one done so maybe I could stay caught up on it. Ha, ha. Have a great weekend, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Christmas card is too sweet. The paper is adorable, and your use of the sketch (I didn't even attempt that sketch!) brilliant ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of cute cards here! I love them all!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I love all of your creations, but especially how you used the OWH sketch for the winter challenge! Luv that pretty winter scene on the 3 panels. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many gorgeous creations. Your stars and stripes are fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your cards and the stars and stripes are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful creations! Thanks for joining us at Seems a little Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete