Sunday, July 29, 2012

Authentique July Sketch Challenge

Authentique July Sketch Challenge






I learned recently after following Authetique's blog that they have a sketch challenge each month and they provide a sketch for a layout and a card! I made a card first...much easier and less space to work with. I may do the layout and post later.





I had fun making this card. I used the paper Spirited as the base paper. The stripe is "Chipper". I did use a scrap of dark brown card stock to make the scalloped strip at the top and to mat the sentiment. For the banner I once again used some scrap cardstock and punched out the banners with a Stampin Up pennant punch then stamped the words "I adore you" on the banners. The twine is from My Mind's Eye. I was very pleased with this card once I was done. It makes me smile! Thanks for taking a look! Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. Very nice, Valerie! Love the words on the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch, the paper is so much fun. Cute. Thanks for the sweet luv and visiting. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Valerie. I adore the sentiment and the font it's in. The banner has so much movement too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! I didn't know they had card and layout sketches! What a great idea! If only I had more time to do more challenges. Ha, ha.

    Sandy

    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be pleased with your card as well, it is lively and fun and bright!

    ReplyDelete