Sunday, June 3, 2012

It's Your Day!

I created this card for Seems a Little Sketchy Sketch 14 card challenge. The papers I used for the card are from Quick Quotes but I don't remember the name of the line. These were left over from a 2 page layout I made of my granddaughters several months ago. I made the ovals using my creative memories oval templates and inked the edges of the papers with powder puff Mocha Mama. The ribbon is from my stash. I chose the sentiment "It's Your Day" because the numbers made me think of birthday. The sentiment is a birthday stamp from Stampin Up. I stamped the sentiment with embossing ink and then used white embossing powder. I then cut out the sentiment with a circle punch and popped with some foam tape.

I had a pretty full weekend. My niece graduated Salutatorian from high school on Friday night . My Dad and his wife came from Missouri for the occasion. I worked at the scrapbook store on Saturday. We had a special 2 day event that started Friday night and ended Saturday. All day of classes making page layouts, cards, banners and learning all sorts of techniques. It was LOADS of fun! I laughed more than I have laughed in a very long time! After church today, I had the family over for lunch. I finally got to slow down about 3. The family left about 6 and I went back to my craft room for a little relaxation creating this card.

Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, hey, I recognized that layout as soon as I saw it! You did a great job with the sketch. Thanks for playing along at the Seems A Little Sketchy challenge! This month I'm passing the torch on to Sandy T. - I'm leaving the design team and she's joining it. Gotta keep it in the Cat's/Texas family, right?!

    I saw the pics on FB of the fun you all had at Cat's this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Valerie! I love this card! So glad you found a bit of time to do some crafting over your busy weekend even if it was at the end. Ha, ha. We need are crafty time!! Thanks for joining in on Seems A Little Sketchy! I think you'll find the sketches are great card inspiration and makes it so fun and easy to create cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Valerie! Thank you for the comments on my blog. I love this card and the numbers do make me think it is made to be a Birthday card! Have a great day! Crafty Colonel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Valerie, thanks so much for popping by. I didn't make it to even half the WOYWW this week.
    Your card work is lovely.
    Keep smiling and creating
    Pam aka fairyrocks

    ReplyDelete