Friday, March 30, 2012

My Favorite Season of the Year

Nothing says Spring in Texas like our beloved Blue Bonnets! They are in full bloom and after our severe drought God graciously poured out His rain on our thirsty landscape over the winter providing us with a bumper crop of wildflowers! I love the wildflowers even the ones that are weeds! They are all beautiful! Just seeing all the color covering the ground makes me smile from ear to ear and I can't keep from taking pictures! As many sunset pictures as I have, I probably have that many wildflower shots! This year I had an extra treat as I got to photograph not only these beautiful plants but my adorable granddaughters! They just made the pictures "perfect" for me! I wanted to be sure to get pictures of both girls together while Remi was visiting. She went home today.  I discovered it is a real challenge to photograph this age by yourself! You have to be quick and be happy with what you get!



 Aren't they just the cutest thing?!  I had the hardest time getting Remi to smile. She wasn't too thrilled about walking through the grass to sit in the Blue Bonnets. I provided them with my camera bag to sit on which seemed to help.







 They also wanted me to take a picture with them. My battery had died in my remote to trigger the camera so had to set it on self-timer. Oh, well at least we have a picture of us all!
T
 I took the girls to another location I had spotted with my other favorite wildflower, the "Indian Paintbrush". We had to walk a little farther to get to these. Bless their hearts...they both had sandals and shorts on while I had on boots and jeans. I'm sure the grass and weeds were scratchy and itchy. At one point I was trying to carry both of them, my camera and tripod! What a sight we must have been! It was worth it though!
 I finally get a smile out of Remi. We said "Ice Cream"!
 I think Kennedy is going to be my little "tomboy". It doesn't bother her in the least bit to get dirty or go exploring. Her girliness does come through every once in a while...especially if bugs are involved!

We had fun. Hope you enjoyed it too!

I was on my way to a card class the other night. That field of yellow flowers I wrote about last blog had these to young steers in it. They seemed hungry for attention as they came right up to me when I walked to the fence mooing at me! I thought they made a nice addition to the photo!

Have a good one!


1 comment:

  1. Love this! Will you be blogging here or on both sites? This one I've subscribed to and see when you have a new post I don't think the other one does that? Anyway, loved all your wildflower photos and of the two girls. So sweet and the last one with the steers is great!

    ReplyDelete