Monday, July 20, 2009

Losing Track of Time

I don't know if any of the rest of you are losing track of time but I just can't seem to stay on top of things. Before I can blink an eye a week has passed. When I try to think of what has happened or what I did, I go blank! Has my life become that monotonous? I haven't gone anywhere (much) or done much because of the heat. We finally did get a little reprieve the end of last week. Temps were in the upper 90's instead of mid 100's! We did get a bit of rain (about 3/10ths) which is kind of like taking a bucket of water out of the lake! You can't tell.
Thursday I worked at the store. It was the last day of Kid's Kamp. So I won't be working on Thursdays the rest of the summer. I signed up for a card class. The kit had paper and embellishments to make 12 cards for $24. That's $2 a card! Can't beat that and it is out of the two new paper lines from Basic Grey (one of my favorite company's!) "Lemonade" and "June Bug".

Friday was the church's Men's Retreat. Doyle left for that about the same time I went to work. After I got off from the office I went by Cathy's store. She was having a 50% off sale and I had a gift card from my birthday I was wanting to spend. I didn't take time to shop when I worked. While shopping the store was pretty busy. Ray & Cathy were both there but Cathy was meeting with a product rep so I helped Ray for a bit. One lady wanted to look at some of the albums we had that required me to get a step ladder and get down for her. I didn't mind at all. I also answered some questions for her. I had already been at the store for 2 hours when I realized what time it was and needed to leave as I had a dat with my friend Suzan again with her grandkids at the pool. As I was checking out I told the lady I was leaving but that Ray would help her check out. She started apologizing for bothering me. I assured her I wouldn't have asked if she needed any help if I didn't intend on helping her!

I made it home long enough to change clothes and headed to the pool. My other friend Kelly joined us with her daughter Kathryn. It was a nice way of cooling off and I figure it's good practice to get me ready to care for a baby again! It's been a really long time!
That evening after Vanessa got off work we went to visit my friend Teresa whose husband fell of the roof two weeks ago. I had not been out since he came home and figured she could use the company. We took pizza to help ease the load of cooking. We enjoyed our time together so much (as we always do) that it was 1AM before I got Vanessa home. Wasn't very smart as we both had to work Saturday morning! Jose is doing okay.
Saturday was a crop at the store and we were full! There were 20 ladies cropping! It was fun though. I was on my feet nearly the entire day! The store was busy on top of that with several customers that had not been before. That is always encouraging to have people come in who've not been before. I left around 1PM to come home to let the dogs out. I went by and picked up Vanessa. She wanted to use the internet and watch some TV. Plus it gave Kajen someone to play with. Because we were full I didn't stay and crop as I will do sometimes. Instead I came home and decided it was cool enough to take the dogs somewhere. Vanessa had gone to a friends for a little while and she left Kajen. So I took all 4 dogs to Dobbs Valley. There is still water in the tanks but they are really low. See how dry and short the grass in the pasture is. Of course there were cows in this pasture last time we went so it's been grazed. Here is Zorro swimming in the tank I call "frog pond". There weren't very many frogs. You can see how low the tank is.

I thought this was peaceful looking.

Kajen at "frog pond".

The other tank across the road from the church. It's really low too. Mercy walking along the water.

I just love this angle of the country church through the trees.

Sunset at Dobbs Valley

The gang ready to go home. Kajen (white), Kaidence next then Zorro (blk) and Mercy. You can see the cemetary in the background. The church is just to the left of the photo on the other side of the fence.

Update on Lil' Peanut: Vanessa wanted me to start recording her weight and measure her middle and take a picture. Last belly pic (last week- 15 weeks)I took she was at 30 inches and weighed 117. She was 115 the first doctors visit. This week (16 weeks) her waist is 33 inches and she weighs 120. This is the side view. She asked me to take on from the front.

She thinks she looks bigger in this view! It won't be long her belly button is going to be an "outy".

I woke up to a pleasant surprise this morning. Thunder! Yep, and not long after it rained. It rained all morning but not heavy. I was disappointed to only find 2.5 tenths in the rain gauge. I was dancing and singing at the office while it was raining. I am still thankful for what we received. It stayed cool too. It was still in the 70's by 11AM. When the cloud cover broke it warmed right up. We do have another shot at some rain.

Ya'll have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment